I’m sure that if you’re reading this, it’s because on occasion you’ve thought “Can I have a hair transplant in Turkey?
This viability depends on several factors and, of course, yes, we are going to tell you, so that you can learn more about how we perform the intervention and how our body works at the epitheliocapillary level.
When are you suitable for a hair graft?
To be able to put hair with a graft:
- You must have a good amount of hair in the donor areas.
- Thick and curly hair is the best for this although this does not condition the intervention.
- You can do this if you are a smoker, although you must give up smoking during the last few weeks, so that there is less danger during the operation and to favour the post-operative period.
- Androgenic alopecia responds very well.
- The same happens with secondary cicatricial alopecia caused by radiotepapia, traumatisms, burns…
- In general, when you do not know of any of the cases listed below.
When could you not be a suitable candidate for hair transplant?
The cases in which this will not be able to be carried out or will turn out to be inadequate or with few probabilities of success are:
- If you suffer from alopecia areata the intervention will not have any effect. In addition, you must be careful because this occurs cyclically so it may have disappeared and be in process just when you want to intervene.
- In the case of fibrous frontal alopecia, this procedure cannot be performed either. The exception will be given by the time of inactivity of this one because we will be able to put us hair if it takes more than two years inactive.
- In general, transplants will not be performed in cases where hair loss is unstable.
- During pregnancy it is not adequate due to the fact that there is a hormonal alteration that prevents us from knowing the real state of alopecia.
- If you are too young, even if you are losing more hair than you would like, you should not undergo this treatment because your alopecia has not ended and, therefore, the donated hair could also fall out following its natural cycle.
- Weak hair is usually not very suitable just because you have new hair that will also be weak. In other words, it is not that the treatment cannot be carried out, but rather that the result will be visually unattractive. In addition, we already know that weak hair breaks and starts much more easily.
- Of course, it will not be possible to intervene in a scalp that suffers from inflammation that causes baldness.
In any case, it is always essential to carry out a prior assessment so that a specialist can determine the success of the treatment and the indications that could be given for it to be superior. Or on the contrary, so that it is this one who assures you, after studying your hair and your scalp, that the treatment has many possibilities of resulting in failure in the short, medium or long term.
Do you have any questions? Contact us now and we’ll help you solve it.